Saturday, January 29, 2005

January woes....

For me January seemed to go out, tranquil as it came in, or so I thought! A life disrupting event was lurking under the floor of my apartment......

Today I found the parket tiles in one corner of my living room soaking wet and buckling!! My prompt discovery and the intervention by the building staff makes it possible to at least contain the damage temporarily during this weekend. The plumbers will fix the leak (that stems from 2 floors above mine) next week. It's a big job, since my wall had to be broken into, my furniture moved, and everything parked somewhere. It's going to be a while until I can get back to normal. Unfortunately this is not the first experience of its kind in the aging building.

The funny part is the temporary arrangement waiting for final repairs: rags are tucked into the hole of the dripping wall and changed twice daily, just like diapers.....:-)) !

No comments: