Monday, June 11, 2007

Fair time

June among other things is also the time for street fairs in NY every weekend.
As I was trying to reach a friend for lunch I couldn't understand why the bus I needed was delayed more than usual. Finally another one that normally has a different route, arrived and I took it just to shorten the distance to my destination. When on board, I realized the it was re-routed due to a street fair in my own neighborhood.





When I made it to my appointment on time, I found out that my friend had a similar experience in the another part of Manhattan (at the opposing end of mine). After a leisure lunch (we had a lot to catch up with after my recent long stay in Tirana) we decided to walk a bit and digest the rather spicy greek dishes we had ingested.





Since the weather had turned a bit less humid. we strolled for a few blocks to savor the smells and sights of a street fair. Finally I was glad to get home and enjoy my quiet and cool apartment, where, having available quite a variety of fruits myself, I relaxed with an home made, fresh fruit punch, while reading an interesting book that I'll talk about later on.

No comments: