Friday, October 14, 2011

A short hop to Italy

By the middle of next week I'll be in northern Italy, mainly in the north-west region of Piedmont, for a brief visit.

There, in the old village of my maternal origins, I took refuge during WWII, grew up and spent 12 years of my life under my Italian grandparents's roof. There I returned several times over the decades, after emigrating with my Mother to the USA.

It has been a while now since I revisited Italian relatives and friends, or have taken a vacation for that matter; thus, the decision to take a short break from my current work and hop to Milan. The flight from Tirana is only a little over 1 1/2 hour long, and from there will be driven toward the hills and mountain areas where I'll start my visiting.

I know some plans are in the works for grand dining and lots of conversation......! I intend to fully enjoy these few days without cell phone,laptop, or Internet, and I know that I'll be burning the midnight oil, but it's going to be great fun and pleasure!

No comments: