Saturday, December 24, 2011

Year End in NY

After three busy months of planning and development work in Albania I am back home in NY, where now I am coping with a huge accumulation of paperwork that needs to be appropriately disposed of before year end.

The return trip from Tirana was smooth and uneventful, but tiring for me, as usual. Left my Tirana apartment at 3AM, in cool and drizzling weather. After a 9 1/2 hrs transatlantic flight, landed at JFK, on time, at 2PM, where the temperature was below zero centigrade.

The lengthy connection time to be spent at Vienna's airport is always quite comfy, though, due to the well organized and structured atmosphere there, followed by an excellent service on board the very efficiently run Austrian Airline. Arrival in NY can be shocking, however, due to the always enormously jam-packed and chaotic environment at the influx terminals. Thank goodness my taxi ride home was pretty speedy because it was Sunday afternoon and the vehicular traffic on the highway into town was light.

I still need to normalize my daily hours, get rid of the remaining jet lag, and catch up on much needed sleep, but, overall, so far, I have managed to put everything under control. Now I just want to add here the best of wishes for a wonderful holiday season to all my friends, relatives, and acquaintances living around the world.


MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!


GEZUAR FESTAT dhe VITIN e RI!


BUON NATALE e FELICE ANNO NUOVO!

No comments: