Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Winter woes

The stormy weather of this past week is worrying me. My travel plans are set, and would be difficult to change them. Thanks to Internet I check and recheck with my air carrier, and eventually make to Kennedy airport, with no problems.

The Supershuttle (so called Blue Van) that I booked came early, and the friendly driver was quite chatty while making the rounds of pick ups in the city proper. Then, while riding through unknown streets of the borough of Queens, not normally used to reach the airport, he actually entertained everyone with a recorded concert of Placido Domingo, in some of his best arias. In a dreary day, a very relaxing way to start a trip!

The airport check in and security processing (including getting dressed and undressed with shoes, jackets, belts, and other assortments) was speedy and unproblematic.
Off I go to Europe!

No comments: