Thursday, December 29, 2005

First round.....

The Christmas holiday went by quickly, and was enjoyable overall, although, it didn't start well for me. On the eve of the 24th, unexpectedly, I had to cope with a small incident.

At 6 pm, as I was exiting my apartment with hands full of stuff, the door closed behind me accidentally, while I didn't have my keys in hand. No matter, I thought.....the master key available in the building could be used to solve this small inconvenience, but I was sorely mistaken!

There was only a 'relief' doorman on duty, who did not have access to the needed key, and, the solution turned out to be a lengthy and costly one. Even a friend of mine that has access to my apartment happened to be out of town. The only alternative I was offered was to wait for the super's backup man that had all keys with him, to come in from his home, 1 1/2 hour away, which he offered to do when called. Needless to say, in addition to the annoyance, I was late for my dinner appointment and frustrated! As I discovered post facto, there was a better and quicker solution, if the doorman had followed the instructions left by the superintendent, but didn't!

Let's hope that the second round of New Year festivities go a bit smoother.

No comments: