Monday, December 11, 2006

Winding down

My European trip, after a long stay in Albania, had an Italian interlude before my return home. I left Albania during its annual ‘flag & independence days’ festivities. The traffic on the way to the airport was light, but the flight from Tirana was completely booked, as usual. As forecasted, I arrived at the hotel in Milan in late evening.

As my friends may have gathered, the break in news in this blog covers the time I was in Italy, where I don’t have much time to go online, followed by a few days of busy catching up upon reaching home in NY. It’s always a daunting task when I get back to put my living quarters back in shape, sort out the huge accumulation of mail, and re-routinize my life to US needs and standards.

When I travel westward I also have to deal with the jetlag, contrary to most people that feel it more when going into the opposite direction. Thus, here in NY, I am wide awake at 3am; I tackle whatever I need to do with vigor, and go non-stop until about 8pm when I just totally conk out.

This is the tail end of another busy and rewarding trip, and I’ll reminisce ‘post facto’ about some of the highlights of my Italian visit in the following posts.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi, I'm going to visit Tirana. Any tips on things I should bring to the US as gifts or otherwise?

© DAI - 2004-2014 said...

There are many souvenir shops in Tirana with all sorts of gifts made locally (made of metal, cloth, alabaster, etc. ). The subjects are obviously all representing Albania, thus, it's just a question of taste. You can even buy some inside the airport (unless your departure time is very early in the morning, when the shops are closed) - the prices are mostly the same everywhere, and usually on the high side (no different from anywhere else in the world, for that matter!).