Saturday, April 28, 2007

And life routine goes on.....

My visiting friend from Italy went back home a week ago, happy about her Albanian experience, and, at the same time, sorry to have to resume her daily activities.



And so was I. Life goes on and my tasks here seem never ending. We have been very lucky to have wonderful weather throughout, which reaches the mid to upper 70’s (F) by midday. I hear from NY that the big apple continues to be cold and rainy, with lots of floods also in other states.

This past week has gone by very fast with meetings interspersed with daily chores, which come by having my own place to stay when I am in Tirana. The other side of the coin is that it offers a flexible schedule for meals, sleeping, entertaining, and shutting off the rest of the world, when wanted.

As you may have gathered by my most recent postings, I now have a high speed connection available 24 hours daily. I’ll spare my readers with the experience of the related installation -- suffice to say that I was ready for it, including the setting of the modem and a plan for the cabling. I suspected that the technicians would come without a plan on how to bring inside my apartment the dedicated line from the street, and I was right. They gladly accepted my suggestion and in no time the work was completed and the connection tested ok. After that I went to town downloading additional software and updating other packages, which couldn’t not be done via dialup. Hurrah!

No comments: