Sunday, May 04, 2008

Home chores

I've been a busy bee since my return home a few days ago since the chores seem to never end!

It took almost 2 days to sort out the accumulated snail mail, shred the labels of the huge, unsolicited junk stuff, and magazines, while taking care of the apartment clean up, the laundry, the food shopping, answering the voice mail, updating my appointment calendar, and.....moderating the jet lag and the osteo-arthritic pains that do plague me when in NY (strangely, I do feel much better physically in Tirana, where, apparently the barometric pressure is kinder to my joints!)

Even my many indoor plants require some attention; they survive beautifully while I'm gone, without anyone's intervention, but they do need a cleanup job and a good shower once I get back.



The weather in NY is still cold, and, unusually, foggy. In fact as I look out of my kitchen windows, I cannot see the building in the next block. In the streets the blooming trees are shedding quickly their flowering buds due to the strong air currents that in NY never stop, but are particularly powerful these days.

I'm grateful that we still have the heating facility turned on in the house, and by next week we'll have to take care of the a/c units' annual maintenance and change of filters, which, unfortunately, requires moving around some furniture.


On the outside of my large windows the trees in our garden have put on their brand new leaves, while on the inside I enjoy some fresh, friendly, welcoming flowers!

No comments: