Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day

I've been offline for a while because my desktop failed me a few days ago. It has served me well for a long time and now I'm anxiously waiting for my new computer to arrive. I have researched what I want and need, and ordered a complete a new configuration, which hopefully will provide me with certain facilities for a long time ahead.

Meantime, unfortunately, I'll have to deal with the Vista operating system, until the new Windows 7 OS will become available in the fall, and have to load and use all new application software to match the latest level of bits of the newly ordered system.

Nothing much to report, except that I continue to be busy catching up with all medical checkups (so far good!), and hosting my young relative from Italy, who, like everyone else, has been fed up with the lousy weather we've been experiencing so far.

Today, however, is a glorious Independence Day, with sunshine galore, perfect temperature, and a lovely breeze. New York is 'heavenly' quiet in my residential area, but I know that downtown and the west side of Manhattan are gearing up to accommodate the huge crowds for tonight's firewall display along the Hudson river. Enjoy the holiday everyone!!

No comments: