Sunday, July 08, 2012

Tempus fugit

Even though way of  life in Europe is quite different from the one in the States, time flies wherever one is, when one is busy. This is what happens to me both in the U.S. and in Albania. I am forever racing the clock....

I have been in Tirana for two months now, and now it's time to head back home in NY. It seems like yesterday when I came and now I must return.

I have not had time to post here anything personal lately since I have been involved full time (I mean day and night) in carrying out the plans I have been working on for the past several months, on behalf of the organizations' projects I am in charge of.

Two major events were sucessfully completed in Tirana, during May and June, and additional time is needed now to document their results, which, I am happy to report, were extremely satisfactory.  Those of you that know my work, know also where to find online the postings related to these activities.

On a personal level there is not much to report, except that it has been very difficult to deal with the extreme heat that has hit the entire Mediterranean area. There has been no rain in Tirana for almost one month now, and the temperature has been relentlessly high, with no relief in sight.

Now, I hear that I will face similar conditions in New York, where, by the way, due to my long absence, I have lots to catch up with.  Let's hope that at least the travel goes well, with no delays or problems.   

 

No comments: