Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter party



It was a pleasure on Easter Sunday to host in my apartment a small afternoon party for a few of my Albanian associates and friends. Even though a couple of them had just arrived back in town after a transatlantic flight, they all attended and, in a relaxed environment, we all enjoyed a three hour gathering.  
As it happens and it is customary here, there is complete respect among people of different backgrounds and religious beliefs; they intermarry, cooperate, transact business with each other, and even celebrate their respective holidays, in harmony, together. My guests are a perfect example of these customs.

I had all good intentions of serving, among the goodies, also an Italian ‘colomba’ (‘dove’ and typical Easter cake, representing peace), but I was greatly disappointed when, shopping in an Italian local store that had a huge stock of them only a week before, I didn’t find one left! They had sold them out all.  A local ‘millefoglie’ type of cake was, however, a good substitute, especially when coupled with some champagne. 

No comments: