Friday, May 16, 2014

Visiting relative

One of my Italian (maternal side) cousins decided to return to visit me in Tirana and, during this past week, my guest and I enjoyed the time spent together, having long conversations, reminiscing about previous visits, family history, work experiences, and did some touring around, which I shall describe separately.


 We were lucky to have good weather throughout, and did not do very much in town, but relaxed a lot, which was needed by us both. 
 

















We ate out several times and I introduced him to new dishes of good food that is available in Tirana mostly everywhere, which I appreciate greatly for the freshness of its ingredients.  At the popular eatery “La Saporita”, which is now relocated closer to my apartment, he enjoyed one of my favorite pizzas, the type of which is not known in the US, and, at a nearby café, he also took a liking to ‘salep’, the hot drink that I have already described previously in this blog. 


He is now back home in Italy, and I have plunged again into my work and plans here!

No comments: