Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ten years ago.......



...I started this personal blog to share some of my traveling and other experiences with friends and relatives, and this was done simply for practical reasons.  It was less time consuming than individual emails and it allowed easy insertions of pictures. To my great surprise, over time, I saw my postings being accessed by a variety of people all over the world, whose countries now amount  to 115, and I am glad to have peaked such curiosity for my country of origin, still considered mysterious by some! 

Although a comment feature was rarely used, privately, I did receive many commentaries from the people I know and, interestingly, also a few requests from strangers for information specifically related to Albania and their interest in this country.  I was happy to have been able to oblige them.   

During the decade that preceded this anniversary I had embarked in new projects that would take me back  to Albania, which I was forced to leave when I was just 5 ½ years old. I always dreamed of returning to it,  to contribute something that would be helpful to the younger generations of this small nation, besieged for centuries by wars, foreign occupations, and oppressing dictatorships.  

My dream, slowly, but surely is becoming reality, and, I now spend quite a bit of time blogging elsewhere on behalf of my efforts.  Thus, I believe that now is a good time to bow out of this personal diary, although I have decided to keep still open for a while, my entries in it, archived since September 2004.  

The people I know that care about what I am involved in, also know where to find me, as well as more updated and fresh news about my work development.  Online facilities have progressed and evolved greatly since I began this blog and any and every type of information is available with just a few clicks on the keyboard.  

Thus, while I bid goodbye, mirupafshim, au revoir, arrivederci…I thank all my followers, to whom I wish other continuously enjoyable online experiences.  We are living very interesting and challenging times in this great world of ours where everyone has the chance to aid for the better, its transformation.

"Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement." –W. Clement Stone

No comments: