Monday, October 03, 2005

Here we go!

Although officially fall, the weather in NY has turned hot again. I am on the verge of my planned trip overseas, and still don’t know what to wear. The forecast in Italy, where I’ll land first, is rain and cold, while Albania, where I’ll spend the rest of my time abroad, is still enjoying 80 degrees.

Anyway, what’s important for me is not the clothing to wear, but what data or documents to take with me, based on the projects I am involved with, which require me to travel again so far away from home. I feel ready though, and eager to accomplish a few more tasks, which I’ll report on it, as I go along.

All I know now is that, for the first time, I’ll travel first class, thanks to my frequent flyers miles and the airline industry restructuring and partnerships, which necessitated some rerouting of normal travel plans. In Italy I’ll be doing different things, but quite different from what I’ve done in the past 3 years there, and I forecast the same in Albania, where there will be changes due to a newly elected government in the country and new plans for my work accommodations there.

In Italy I may have to cope with some already announced “general strikes” for a couple of days, which seem to become the norm, but, hopefully, they will not affect my flight schedules. I really don’t mind changes, but pray for minimal disruptions, and,.... confidently, I look forward to new experiences in the air and on land!

No comments: