Friday, October 28, 2005

A small world

Today I met a reporter, now retired, who had interviewed me during one of my very first trips to Albania, back in 1993. She is now a writer, and still a very active woman with lots of connections everywhere. The pleasure of rediscovering each other was mutual and we wowed to spend more time together as we go along.

She came to visit me right after a session at the hospital due a problem in one of her eyes. Interestingly, when she mentioned her appointment with me to the doctor treating her, he, in amazement, declared that his father was a very good friend of mine a generation ago. Intrigued by this coincidence, I asked her his name, and to my great delight not only I recognized it, but I told her that I have an old photograph of him as a child sitting on his father’s lap.

This is surely a small world….and now we are planning a new reunion in it!

No comments: