Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back in NY

Thinking of what usually expects me when I return home after a long absence, I was not eager to leave Albania and get back to NY.

Sure enough I found a huge pile of mail and paperwork that took me hours to sort out. The jet lag must be dealt with, while dozen plants that always survive while I am away are thirsty and need a lot of pruning, the dust that permeates NY even when the windows are kept closed, has to be eliminated, left over bills have to be paid, the laundry attended to, the windows washed, and so on.

It's a never ending cycle that, however, this time was lightened by an unexpected coincidence. My return happened just a day before my birthday, and it turned out to be quite pleasurable because, while in the midst of the above chores, I had pleasant and surprising interruptions. I received several phone calls from local and overseas friends, online messages, regular greetings cards and even flower deliveries....Wow!


Am tired, but, overwhelmed by what's around me, onward I go, hopefully, in good health to tackle new plans and new experiences, but remain surrounded by loving people!

No comments: