Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some quiet time

I spent last week in a frenzy of physical activities at the office where new installations and unpacking of lots of stuff took place. During the first three days the temperature was rather high, and the newly installed air conditioning units were used at full force.
On Friday, however, I looked forward to a quiet day since I had no appointments on my calendar and no workers scheduled. And so it was!

An added bonus was great weather that turned milder (only in the mid 70's C), with no rain for a change.

Upon arrival I opened all windows and I could not get over how beautiful it was to enjoy the slight breeze of the natural cross ventilation. Since the office is recessed from the road, there is no traffic noise and the birds nesting in the neighboring trees were keeping me company with their chirping sounds.
The kitchenette corner was finally completed with the addition of a medium size, Italian made, refrigerator, and I was able for the first time to also have a peaceful lunch at the office.
Outside one of our windows there are some fruit trees and one of them is currently loaded with its strangely small plums, the size of which is similar to that of small cherry tomatoes.
Albanians sell them on the street when they are still quite green and enjoy them for their sourness, but the ones I could grab off the tree from the office window are now ripe and sweet.
It was delightful for a day to do desk work without interruptions and in such a pleasurable atmosphere!

No comments: