Friday, June 06, 2014

Back Home



My spring trip to Tirana has ended, and I am now back in NY, trying to readjust to home life and environment.  The journey was excellent, as usual, thanks to Austrian Air, and I was also fortunate to be met, upon arrival, by a young dear friend, who drove me home in no time.  At this point, reality sets in. 

Goodbye pleasant, Mediterranean climate, more suitable for my aching joints!  Hello NY with its wind, its heat waves, and very high humidity!!  Found, as usual, a ‘mountain’ of snail mail to sort out and dispose of, and a dirty apartment (only God knows where all this dust comes from, notwithstanding the shut windows)!  Jetlag is par for the course, and it will take me a few days to return to normal hours of eating and sleeping. 

Although my time abroad was a busy one and mostly dedicated to work, European life, even with all its frustrating hassles, annoying circumstances, and ineffective use of time, is interspersed, daily, by relaxing moments, especially when one is surrounded by a large network of loyal, sociable, caring, and supporting friends such as I am blessed with.  

No comments: