Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blessed sun!


After almost 10 days of on and off, and, at times, heavy rain, which swelled the Lana, Tirana's water canal that crosses the city, full sunshine is finally with us again for a few days.


The million trees that now line up almost every street in this city shed a lot of their autumn colors, but, amazingly, after all the above soak the shade of green is back, especially in the ground areas.

Wish I had more time to just sit on my balcony to absorb some vitamin D, but I did manage a few minutes of it in the past couple of days. What I lack is a nice lounge chair, which would be perfect for an idle exercise of this type once in a while!

A propo of this, the other evening, after dinner with a friend in a wonderful fish restaurant, located just behind my apartment building, a good looking glass frontispice of a business facing the restaurant attracked my attention.

How could I have missed this place, named 'Master Gym", before? It was 10pm and the place was about to close for the day, but my friend and I decided to pop into it for a look. A very friendly and vivacious young lady eagerly gave us a tour of the premises, their flyers and their costs.

They are well equipped to offer fitness programs, aerobics and yoga classes, shower and sauna facilities, and even massages, all for very reasonable fees (ie: 8 session per month for $40.-). Being so conveniently located this is certainly a place to keep in mind for me.

Today is a gorgeous Sunday and I decided to take it easy, after a busy week, but I had to interrupt briefly this writing to catch the view I have from my desk....

The sky above me is crissed crossed by several planes flying south....

I wonder...where are they going?

No comments: