Friday, April 25, 2008

Other Tirana views

Less than 2 blocks away from my property, two of my long term friends live in a 14 story building a few feet from the main boulevard that crosses the capital. The views from the balcony of one of them follow.


beyond the boulevard, the Palace of Congress, and behind it one of Tirana's sport stadiums



my friend Adile, whose friendship goes back to when I was 5 years old



the tallest skyscraper in Tirana - beyond it Tirana's Student City



in the foreground the Prime Minister's offices - behind it the 'pyramid' and the chain of Mount Dajti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Drita. Looking at your photographs is making me nostalgic for Tirana. I may have to come for a visit some weekend.

© DAI - 2004-2014 said...

Alwyn:

my pix are nothing like yours, but I know your feeling is shared by many other expats. Bella is becoming quite a traveler - she looks great!

Wish I was here when you come - have been here since march, and will be leaving this coming week, but should be back in the fall.

Keep well and happy in Munich!