Friday, April 18, 2008

Renovations in Tirana

While I am trying to sort out the pictures taken during the trip to Montenegro, this morning I come across the confirmation that Tirana's main 'Skanderbeg' square is scheduled to undergo soon restructuring and renovations.

Apparently a Belgian architectural studio has won the competition, and the actual work will start during the fall of this year.

It's currently a nightmare for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic to cross this immense plaza; I can imagine what this planned work will do to the area, which, BTW, is right outside the building where I lodge when in Tirana!!


the National Museum of History, facing the square on one side

(my apartment is slightly to the left of it)


current City Hall, dating back at least 70 years, on another side



the statue of Skanderbeg facing the square

No comments: